Experienced Inspector – Burbank Details
We are proud of the hard work that our employees contribute at S&H and we want you to join our team!
We are looking for an Experienced Inspector who has 1+ years of experience with PC-DCMIS, MCOSMO or Calypso to join our Quality Department.
For over 60 years, S&H Machine, Inc. continues to work with some of the most well-respected companies in aerospace manufacturing specializing in Commercial and Defense Aircraft.
Our motto is “Manufacturing Excellence”! This includes all the parts we produce and every process we perform. Achieving excellence requires commitment, drive and a determination to do our very best, and to be recognized as leader.
We invite you to take a virtual tour of our Burbank facility to get a sense of our 6S Lean work environment!
Shift: 6:30 AM – 3:00 PM, Monday to Friday
Pay Rate: $20 – $30 per hour, DOE
- Education Reimbursement – Up to $1,000 per year
- Vocational Training
- On-the-Job Training
For more information on our benefits, visit: https://shmachine.com/careers/benefits/
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) paid 100% paid by S&H Machine for the employee. Employees have the option to pay the difference to obtain coverage for their family members or upgrade to another health plan.
- 401K/Profit Sharing
- Group Life Insurance
- Additional Life Insurance
- Short-Term/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account – Health Care
- Flexible Spending Account – Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off – 2 week Vacation after 1 year of employment and 3 week vacation after 5 years.
- Paid Holidays – 7 major holidays per year
- Employee Discounts – Great Work Perks, Tickets at Work, LifeMart
- Monthly Catered Luncheons
- Work Boot Allowance
- Safety Glasses Allowance
- Overtime Opportunities
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) operator, maintains, and generates CMM Programs used to inspect and verify production materials and components.
- Reviews blueprints and specifications to establish correct inspection criteria following best practices.
- Preferred CMM Operator is proficient with PC-DMIS, mCOSMO, or Calypso.
- Surface plate inspection of all GD&T requirements, including occasional compound angle true positions
- Use standard measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, dial indicators, etc.
- Must understand how to create inspection reports, first article reports, nonconformance reports
- Assist in corrective action investigations
Experience and Education
High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.). One plus years of related experience and/or training in aerospace mechanical inspection; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands – General Activities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform these essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or feel products. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch, and talk or listen. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
|Climbing / Balancing||X|
|Reaching with arms and hands||X|
|Stooping / Kneeling / Crouching / Crawling||X|
|Feeling / Touching||X|
|Vision – close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus||X|
Physical Demands – General Activities
|Lifting / Moving up to 10 lbs||x|
|Lifting / Moving up to 25 lbs||X|
|Lifting / Moving up to 50 lbs||x|
|Lifting / Moving up to 75 lbs||x|