HR Administrator – Burbank Details
We are proud of the hard work that our employees contribute at S&H and we want you to join our team!
We are looking for an HR Administrator to join our HR Department.
For over 60 years, S&H Machine, Inc. continues to work with some of the most well-respected companies in aerospace manufacturing specializing in Commercial and Defense Aircraft.
Our motto is “Manufacturing Excellence”! This includes all the parts we produce and every process we perform. Achieving excellence requires commitment, drive and a determination to do our very best, and to be recognized as leader.
We invite you to take a virtual tour of our Burbank facility to get a sense of our 6S Lean work environment!
Shift: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Monday to Friday
Pay Range: $22 – $26 per hour
- Education Reimbursement – Up to $1,000 per year
- Vocational Training
- On-the-Job Training
For more information on our benefits, visit: https://shmachine.com/careers/benefits/
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) paid 100% paid by S&H Machine for the employee. Employees have the option to pay the difference to obtain coverage for their family members or upgrade to another health plan.
- 401K/Profit Sharing
- Group Life Insurance
- Additional Life Insurance
- Short-Term/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account – Health Care
- Flexible Spending Account – Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off – 2 week Vacation after 1 year of employment and 3 week vacation after 5 years.
- Paid Holidays – 7 major holidays per year
- Employee Discounts – Great Work Perks, Tickets at Work, LifeMart
- Monthly Catered Luncheons
- Work Boot Allowance
- Safety Glasses Allowance
- Overtime Opportunities
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, and/or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in recruitment and onboarding.
- Minimum of 3 years specializing in the administration of employment records, benefits, HRIS systems, and training.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Review employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks, or performance evaluation forms.
- Administer employee benefit plans.
- Schedule or administer skill, intelligence, or drug tests for current or prospective employees.
- Conduct reference or background checks on job applicants.
- Ensures all newly hired employees complete the New Employee Orientation and are trained on the company’s quality and safety policies.
- Maintains Job Descriptions within MAP.
- Consistently performs HR related duties using designated forms and checklists.
- Helps maintain notices required by law or local governing bodies, and/or other departments in the organization.
- Maintains MAP and training records to demonstrate qualifications of employees.
- Ensures annual training effectiveness and competency evaluations are completed for all employees and recorded by managers.
- Assist in phone interviews when needed.
- Maintains job advertisements and to ensure all post are up to date
- Recruit and network with local educators to bring in potential applicants. (i.e., high schools, colleges, nonprofit & profit organizations, and professional development centers.)
- Participate in interviews with applicants.
- Create PowerPoints as needed.
- Performs other related tactical duties as required and assigned by management.
Experience and Education
Physical Demands – General Activities
|Climbing / Balancing||X|
|Reaching with arms and hands||X|
|Stooping / Kneeling / Crouching / Crawling||X|
|Feeling / Touching||X|
|Vision – close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus||X|
Physical Demands – General Activities
|Lifting / Moving up to 10 lbs||X|
|Lifting / Moving up to 25 lbs||X|
|Lifting / Moving up to 50 lbs|
|Lifting / Moving up to 75 lbs|